Marc Cramdal's blog

Thursday, November 18, 2004

Kopete statistics plugin, chapter 2

I finally found the solutions for a recurrent crash in my plugin, and it so stupid that I will not explain this ;-)

Now you can see the average length of your contact's messages, and the time he takes to type between to messages. Not very useful for now but could be used maybe in the future to perform some predictions.

Also, I added a new kind of stat on a friend's request: in the stats view, you can now view when your contact was online today. So, if you were not in front of your computer, you can see if X was online from 13:00 to 14:33:12 or so ...

It still have some issues, things to do :
- Check when contacts are offline. For this Unknown status is required to be default when you are not connected. lilachaze will maybe do the change but I have to wait for this. That's not a big issue, but I have to wait.
- Predictions: how to do theses ? What kind of predictions ?
This article about IM predictions is really interesting but it speaks from concept, and not how to do this. I need to find how to manage this, how to do my calculations to provide stats...

Thus, if you have ideas on this question, feel free to comment :-)

I have some little and - I think - great ideas for getting useful informations like trying to search the away status for things like "lunch", "dinner" to get when the users is eating but this is a detail...

1 Comments:

  • Hi, I couldn't find a resource that explains installation of this plugin. Where can I find? Or, if possible, can you explain?

    By Blogger Ahmet YILDIRIM, at 7:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home